Lessons with Jess
Jess is one the midwest's premier voice trainers, specializing in working with singers in popular and commercial genres like rock, pop, R&B, indie, and more. Each singer's unique sound is honored and celebrated. The focus is on improving muscle function so the singer experiences more ease, better stamina, more consistency, and the freedom to sing with full emotional connection to their authentic self.
Schedule a Lesson
Skype students: You can choose either location.
What People Have to Say
Jessica's Training and Experience
- two music degrees
- BA in Applied Voice from Alderson-Broaddus College (summa cum laude)
- MM in Vocal Performance and Pedagogy from Meredith College (summa cum laude)
- award-winning multi-genre professional singer
- 2017 quarterfinalist in American Traditions Competition
- 2017 "Best Cover Song" Ohio Music Award for "El Scorcho"
- 2015 quarterfinalist in American Traditions Competition
- 2015 "Best Cover Song" Ohio Music Award for "One Little Song"
- 2013 appearance on NPR's Mountain Stage with The Fields of Gettysburg
- leader, Jess Baldwin Quintet
- member/guest performer with Maybelogic, The Fields of Gettysburg, The Hipp-sters, River City Symphony Orchestra, Scott Kitchen Big Band, Michael Tobar Trio
- specialization in working with CCM (pop, rock, country, soul, indie, gospel, musical theatre, etc.) singers
- specialization in working with injured voices
- classes with Dr. Wendy LeBorgne at CCM Voice Pedagogy Institute
- dedication to teaching and teacher education
- 10 years full-time teaching voice and piano to all ages and skill levels in private studio
- 10 years part-time teaching voice and voice pedagogy at the college level
- teaching assistant at the CCM Voice Pedagogy Institute starting 2017
- presents workshops at state, regional, and national music educator and voice teacher conferences
- runs Commercial Voice Resources for teachers who work with popular and commercial music singers
- commitment to continuing professional development
- attends classes annually to keep teaching fresh and effective
- member of National Association of Teachers of Singing, The Voice Foundation, Association for Popular Music Education, and National Association for Music Education
- certified advanced voice teacher and elementary piano teacher in the Royal Conservatory Music Development Program